We are in Alaska! Yesterday, we took our long flight from KC to Anchorage. The travel time, including the layover, was 8 hours. But I came prepared with things to do, like writing this post, so the time went quickly.
Prior to the trip, my friend we're visiting sent us a "must pack list." This list contained items that we would need specifically for our Alaskan adventures. Because of this, we had a bit of an unusual packing list. Some key pieces are included below!
- Leggings on leggings on leggings. We will be going on hikes, among other outdoor activities, and leggings are perfect for all of them.
- Hiking boots. As you may have read in last week's Friday Finds, I recently bought hiking boots for this trip.
- Rain Coat. This was actually a wonderful excuse to buy a rain coast, which I have been meaning to get for years. A necessity because we will be doing some ice hiking and boating.
- Hat. It may be summer, but it's still cold in Alaska.
- Swim suit. You may have read my statement above and thought, "If it's cold, why the swim suit?" One of the places we're going has a hot tub, so we gotta be prepared!
Then, of course, we had to pack the typical clothing items and usual travel accessories. The weather is expected to be mostly in the 50s and 60s. So I packed jeans, leather leggings, sweaters, tees, and booties. The cooler weather is definitely welcomed after the 100+ heat wave in Kansas City!
If you're interested in seeing photos from Alaska in real time, check out my Instagram page.
As always, thanks for reading, Helen