It is Part 1 of my Alaskan Recap! Make sure to check back tomorrow for Part 2! We had a great time in Alaska! Including our travel, we were gone for 7 days. Since Alaska is such a visually beautiful state, instead of trying to explain everything, I'd rather show you all of the majestic scenery with captions.
How we ended up in Alaska: One of my best friends, Elena, from my childhood was relocated to Anchorage, AK for work about 18 months ago. Determined to visit her in the summer months, we planned a trip for 4th of July weekend, along with our other best friend, Alicia, Alicia's boyfriend, and Elena's sister.
- Day 1 - Flight to Alaska!
- Day 2 - It was just the two of us on this day, so decided to play tourist in Anchorage. We started with walking along the coast, then brunch.
- Day 2 - We spent the afternoon in the Anchorage Museum. It had a healthy mix of art (for myself) and history (for Steve).
- Day 2 - We saw on Trip Advisor that this painted wall was one of the top "Things To Do". So when we drove by it, we pulled over and made sure we got a picture with the Whaling Wall!
- Day 3 - The rest of our friends flew in that morning and we hopped right into the car. We started with a wildlife tour where we watched a bear feeding.
- Day 3 - We continued on to see a ton of other animals including bald eagles, foxes, and wolves.
- Day 3 - After the tour we did a quick hike up a glacier. The scenery was seriously unbelievable!
- Day 3 - So much fun (and weird) playing in the snow in July!
- Day 4 - We piled in the car and drove for 2 hours to Seward, AK. When we got there, we began our 6 hour, 8 mile hike!
- Day 4 - Ed note: I'm eating pretzels in this shot haha
- Day 4 - The scenery throughout the whole hike was amazing!!!
- Day 4 - Showing Iowa State pride at the very top! 4600ft Elevation!
Make sure to check back tomorrow for Part 2! You'll see pictures from a glacier the size of Rhode Island and rafting!
As always, thanks for reading, Helen